South Australia Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in South Australia Community Directory!
We are developing sa.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in South Australia for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in South Australia?
South Australia Community
Best Community Groups in South Australia
South Australia is home to a plethora of community groups that cater to the needs of its residents. Whether you are new to the state or have lived here for a long time, joining a community group can be a great way to get involved, meet new people, and pursue your interests. In this article, we will discuss the top community groups in South Australia, categorising them for your convenience.
Arts and Culture Groups
Art and culture are an integral part of South Australia's identity. Here are some community groups that celebrate and promote the arts and culture:
1. Adelaide Festival Centre - The Adelaide Festival Centre is the state's principal performing arts venue, hosting a wide range of events, from theatre and dance to music and comedy. The centre is committed to the development of artistic and cultural opportunities for South Australians.
2. South Australian Museum - The South Australian Museum is home to numerous exhibits showcasing the natural and cultural heritage of the state and beyond. Additionally, it runs educational programs and events to create awareness about various environmental issues.
3. Adelaide Fringe - Adelaide Fringe is an annual cultural festival that celebrates independent art and culture. It is one of the largest cultural events in the Southern Hemisphere and a significant contributor to the state's economy.
Community Service Groups
Numerous community service groups in South Australia work towards social justice, poverty alleviation, and community welfare. Here are some of the top community service groups in the state:
1. Uniting Communities - Uniting Communities is a non-profit organisation that provides a range of community services, from aged care and disability services to youth education and homelessness support. The organisation operates across South Australia, working towards social justice and social inclusion.
2. St Vincent de Paul Society - St Vincent de Paul Society is a global organisation that assists people experiencing poverty and hardship. The South Australian chapter works tirelessly to provide food, shelter, and clothing to the needy and homeless.
3. Red Cross - The Australian Red Cross is a humanitarian organisation that provides emergency relief and community services in times of crisis. The organisation relies on volunteers to run its programs across South Australia.
South Australia is home to beautiful natural landscapes and abundant wildlife. Here are some environmental groups that work towards preserving the state's environment:
1. Conservation Council South Australia - The Conservation Council is a non-government, non-profit organisation that advocates for the protection of South Australia's natural resources and biodiversity. It works through campaigns, lobbying, and community engagement.
2. Trees For Life - Trees For Life is a community-based not-for-profit organisation that promotes the restoration and revegetation of South Australia's landscape. The group propagates and plants native trees, shrubs, and grasses that support the state's wildlife and ecosystems.
3. Para Wirra Conservation Park Friends - The Friends of Para Wirra Conservation Park is a group of volunteers who work to protect and enhance the flora, fauna, and landscape of the park. The group organises community events and conducts regular field trips to monitor and report on the park's condition.
Joining a community group is an effective way to give back to your community while also engaging in activities that promote your interests. The groups we have discussed in this article are just a few examples of the many diverse opportunities available in South Australia. To find a community group near you, you can talk to your friends, neighbours, or visit the Council website. Get involved today, and be part of building stronger communities in South Australia!
Adelaide Festival Centre - King William Rd, Adelaide SA 5000 - 08 8216 8600
South Australian Museum - North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 - 08 8207 7500
Adelaide Fringe - Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000 - 1300 621 255
Uniting Communities - 43 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000 - 08 8202 5000
St Vincent de Paul Society -46 Aurelia Street, Toongabbie SA 5085 - 08 8112 8700
Red Cross - Level 1, 212 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000 - 08 8100 4500
Conservation Council South Australia - Level 1, 157 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000 - 08 8223 5155
Trees For Life - Murray Bridge Natural Resource Centre 2 Seventh Street Murray Bridge, SA 5253 - 08 8536 8600
Para Wirra Conservation Park Friends - 80-98 Martins Rd, Para Wirra SA 5127 - 08 8280 7048
South Australia Community Articles